Considering opening a Christian bookshop? Start here:
• Subscribe to Christian Marketplace magazine: published monthly, only £25 per year, it's the best way to keep up to date with what's happening in Christian retail it will rapidly prove to be the best value £25 you spend in your Christian retailing venture.
• Contact the Bookseller's Association (BA) - amongst other things they administer the National Book Tokens scheme and can provide all sorts of information/advice on things to be aware of, possible pitfalls, sources of supply, deals on shop fitting, insurance, legal advice, systems etc. The BA's Christian Booksellers Group can offer more specific advice for Christian booksellers. The membership subscription is based on your annual turnover.
• Contact STL (Send the Light) they're Europe's leading Christian wholesaler and will almost certainly prove to be one of your main suppliers if you decide to go ahead.
• Consider visiting the Christian Booksellers Convention
• Last but not least: remember to register your shop for inclusion in this directory!